Saturday, September 3, 2011

UKC shows

I took Wesley to 2 UKC shows today. He isn't old enough for actual competition but they were offering the NLC (non-licensed class) novice puppy for puppies under 6 months so I decided it would be a good training experience. We haven't had any matches or any conformation classes all summer and he will be starting his show career in a few weeks. He did a very nice job. He stacked up and held his stack even though his tail was wagging so much I thought it would propel him across the ring. He didn't move a foot on the exam. I hope all judges will like his puppy kisses as much as the UKC judges did. He gaited really well. Both the judges and many of my fellow exhibitors commented on what a nice puppy he is. He was the only Dal there and actually the only under 6 mos puppy so I have to measure our success by how well I thought he performed and all I can say is....Good Boy, Wesley!

2 comments:

A to Z Dals said...

Wow, sounds great.

Any pictures???

We want pictures!!!

Ch. Highgate's Storm Tracker CGN said...

Good Boy Wesley !! yeah Im with Carla we want pictures! He is going to finish up fast I bet!!