Monday, July 11, 2011

Jamie and Nosework

Jamie had a great time at a fun nosework seminar yesterday. He was very tired as the dogs did a great deal of work but he gave it his all as he always does. We had 6 dogs working in very close quarters and there were only 1 or 2 incidents of dogs barking or indicating any displeasure at each other. Jamie was perfectly behaved with everyone. We covered a lot of ground in just 1 day. We ended with the dogs searching a room to find three pieces of food that someone else had hidden. Jamie did a really nice job and found all three pieces in a short time. I was so pleased with him. I'm hoping to find a canine nosework class sometime that doesn't conflict with something else I have to do....so many sports....so little time.

Nori was not impressed that she had been left at home. I hope she will be allowed a little more freedom when she gets her re-check.

2 comments:

A to Z Dals said...

Wow, that sounds great. Is tracking in his future?

I have one of the nosework books, but haven't had time to try it out. Like you I suffer from "so many sports... so little time" syndrome.

Ravenwood Dalmatians said...

Jamie has a TD and his VCD1. He could probably do a TDX but I don't have the discipline to lay a track and then come back 3 hours later to run it.