Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wesley - Puppy Class Week 3

Wesley had his 3rd puppy class last night and I was very pleased with him. He is able to do loose lead heeling with the other puppies and to focus on me even though he would love to play with his classmates and their owners. We practiced letting the puppies run together and then calling them back to us and he did a great job. The other puppies in his class seem to have good social skills and they all played really well together. We also practiced recalls across the room and he came to me like a little spotted rocket. He got bored and did some barking in class 2 when other puppies were working so I have been practicing relaxation work with him. Last night he just sat and watched me or stood quietly and watched when another puppy had center stage. He is a delightful little boy and I couldn't be happier with him.

Nori is now off anti-inflammatory meds but still on crate rest and leash walking. If the symptoms don't return within a week we will be able to start gradually increasing her exercise. She wants to run so bad that I feel sorry for her.

1 comment:

A to Z Dals said...

Wow, Wesley really is doing well. Glad to hear that Nori is improving too.