Monday, August 8, 2011

Freestyle Seminar

I went to a freestyle seminar this weekend and had a great time. For the Saturday seminar I took Nori as my working dog as I had scheduled a private lesson (I had met with her orthopedic surgeon Friday and he said it was fine for her to go as long as we didn't do any jumping. He thought it would be good for her to do something she would really like. She had TPLO surgery this morning and is doing fine. Me....not so much. I'll be a basket case until I bring her home tomorrow.) She really enjoyed herself and did very well. We found a piece of music that she really liked and I will start working on the choreography while she recovers from the surgery. We won't be doing much of anything for a few months. I took Jamie on Sunday and he had a great time. He was so enthusiastic that I am going to have to do a new routine for him for a senior dog division. I took Wesley along both days. He didn't work in the seminar but he got to meet new people and new dogs. As always, he thoroughly enjoyed himself. I worked him in the ring during the breaks and he did really well. He acted like everyone had come to see him. I love his attitude. All in all it was a fun weekend and I am inspired to get back into freestyle.

No comments: